My Followers

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

For the Graduate

Hello Everyone!
Hope you are keeping well wherever you are.
Popping in to share a card I made for my son who just graduated from high school.
I bought this Magnolia stamp years ago for this special occasion.
Finally I got to stamp it and color up this sweet
Graduation Edwin or Eric!


I inked up the stamp with Staz-on Timber Brown ink and
water colored the image with Distress Ink pads.
I embossed around the image with white Frantage for added texture.


I used Eric's favorite color blue for the color theme and added some red and
amber as accents. I stenciled the background paper edges using white embossing paste
and a 6x6 The Story stencil  from The Crafter's Workshop.

Designer paper~ Maja Design Life in the Country and Life by the Sea collection
Dies ~ Go Kreate, La La Land Crafts, Marianne Design and Tim Holtz Sizzix


I am proud of Eric's achievement.
He has maintained a good grade and obtained a District Scholarship 
towards his university tuition from Ministry of Education.
Well done my child!

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Wish you a lovely day!

Hugs,
Katie 

I am participating in the following challenges:

11 comments:

Karen said...

This is such a lovely card for your son's graduation! What a proud moment indeed. :o) The stamp is adorable and I adore your stencil work. The starry notebook-edge paper couldn't be more perfect for this special occasion. :o) He truly is a star. Thank you for sharing your heartfelt creation with us at Live & Love Crafts. :o)

Hugs and blessings,
Karen

Alexandra♥ said...

So nice to read this post of a proud mommy! Eric must be one clever guy if he obtained that scholarship! I like your card Katie, the added texture look very interesting. I also LOOOVE how you distressed the paper edges, did you do it manually or used any machin (like for ex. Zutter - Distrezz It All)?

Hugs,
Alexandra

Ribbon Girl said...

Congratulations to Eric and all good wishes for his future - he's made you a very proud Mum! hope you are all well, oh, and lovely card! best wishes from Mary x

Sharon said...

Congratulations to Eric. You have done him proud with this card. Love your Edwin and your design with all its layers and embellishments is fabulous.
Thank you for sharing this with us at All About Magnolia.
Hugs Sharon. x

Beth Brovold said...

Hi Katie!! What a fabulous card...may I say that a male card is beautiful...well I'm saying it anyway...gorgeous! Congratulations to your Son! Thank you for sharing with us at Midweek Magnolias...good luck!
Take care,
Beth

Beth Brovold said...

Back again Katie...this time to say thanks for sharing your talent with us at Lovely hAnglar or Sweet Magnolia...this is truly a fabulous card!!
Take care,
Beth

Alex H. said...

A really lovely card with so many details to discover. Thanks for joining us at Stempelgarten challenge.
;-) Alex H.

Thordis said...

A perfect card for your son and a huge congrats :)
Love your card and coloring. Thank you for playing with us at Sweet Stampin' :)
/T.

Geertje said...

Such a great graduation card! I love it!
Thanks for joining us at Paradise of Magnolia
Greetz Geertje DT

Bianca van Tilburg. said...

What can we be proud as mothers.
Congratulations!!!!

And what a gorgeous card has become.

Thank you for joining us at Paradise of Magnolia Challenge Blog.
Hugs Bianca DT.

Paper Tails said...

Congratulations! What a fabulous card! Beautifully done.

Thanks for joining us at Midweek Magnolias.

Hugs,
Karen